You Are Here
Come on in
Come "dig in the crates for vinyl"
A wonderful time is had by all.
The FBC crew: Dick, Jon & Dave
Would you buy a used CD from these guys?
- Collects local ’60s Michigan records and memorabilia
- Researches, collects and writes about the earliest recordings
of popular and hit songs Originals Project
- Played in the band Mystic Shake
- Did the occasional blues radio show, filling in for Scott Allman on The
Capitol City Blues Cruise, Sunday nights 9:00-midnight on WMMQ, 94.9 FM
- Was a partner in the early ’80s Lansing art-screen movie theater The Odeon,
which premiered movies by Werner Herzog, Jim Jarmusch, Spike Lee, John
Sayles, the Cohen brothers, Ingmar Bergman, Robert Altman et al.
- Now operates a record shop in Santa Fe New Mexico The Guy in the Groove
- Continues his lifelong interest in collecting music and attending concerts
of all typesrock, jazz, blues, world music, etc.
- Is a board member and part of the movie selection committee for the annual
East Lansing Film Festival
- Says “Music, movies, travel, food and wine continue to rock my world”
- Was a partner in Bunches Cafe, the early ’80s E. Lansing coffee shop (the
first in town and the only one with a liquor license) and booked such acts as
R.E.M., Bad Brains, Gun Club, Flesheaters and The Meatmen
- Plays in the band Rattling Wall Collective
- Collects recordings of the song “Caravan” (Juan Tizol/Duke Ellington)
- Has booked shows and promoted bands around the Lansing area and can be
motivated to do more if he doesn’t lose too much money!
- Aquarius, cat lover, likes walks on the beach